For expert and compassionate care of your most sensitive health concerns, you can trust the gynecologists of Pella Regional Health Center to address your specific situation and use the most conservative, least-invasive approaches first.
Individualized Care Focused on Your Needs
When you work with our doctors who specialize in the health of the female reproductive system and organs, you receive an individualized care plan designed to address your immediate concerns and help keep you healthy and well through every stage and age of your life.
Specialists in Women’s Reproductive Health
Choose the board-certified gynecologists at Pella Regional for your regular checkups, including annual exams, as well as preventive screening tests, wellness information and a wide range of gynecologic services such as:
- Breast exams – Assist with early detection of breast cancer or other breast health issues
- Birth control
- Bone density screenings – Assess your risk for osteoporosis
- Gardasil® immunizations – Protect against HPV, a virus that can cause cervical and other cancers
- Mammograms – Support early detection of breast cancer
- Pap test – Helps detect cervical cancer
- Pelvic exams – Evaluates the health of pelvic organs
Gynecologic Conditions We Treat
You can expect considerate and empathetic attention for a variety of gynecologic symptoms and conditions, including:
- Abnormal Pap test
- Abnormal periods
- Annual exams
- Birth control (long-term)
- Bladder control issues (urinary incontinence)
- Heavy bleeding or clotting
- Hormone imbalances
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Menopause care
- Pelvic floor disorders and pelvic prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Prenatal care
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Uterine fibroids
- Vaginal pain
Using Conservative Approaches First
As a woman, your progress through life may bring unique conditions and issues with bones and muscles that can interfere with daily activities. If pregnancy, childbirth or pelvic floor disorders create discomfort for you, the physical therapists (PTs) at Pella Regional can design an individualized program of care to help you maintain a strong, healthy body and manage any related health issues. Starting with conservative approaches to care, our PTs can help you find relief from:
- Incontinence from weakened pelvic floor muscles – Learn about equipment specifically intended to help incontinence and take advantage of exercise programs, designed and instructed by Pella Regional PTs, to help strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
- Pelvic pain from a variety of causes – Because daily pelvic pain can affect every aspect of your life, you’ll want to visit with our practitioners to see if your condition may respond to physical therapy.
- Pregnancy pain – Avoid risk to the fetus from using medications during pregnancy. Work with our physical therapists to help relieve your pregnancy pain through noninvasive treatments such as massage therapy and exercise programs designed for your specific situation.
Advanced Treatments & Surgical Options
When lifestyle changes, medications or other treatments no longer provide relief of your symptoms, your gynecologist may recommend the option of surgery. Ask your doctor if you might be a candidate for minimally invasive or robotic-assisted procedures that offer many benefits, including:
- Smaller incisions
- Less pain and scarring
- Fewer complications
- Quicker recovery
At Pella Regional, you and your gynecologist can select from a variety of robotic-assisted gynecologic surgeries and other surgical procedures, such as:
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Pelvic prolapse repair
- Removal of fallopian tubes and ovaries
- Robotic-assisted hysterectomy
- Tubal ligation
Choose Pella Regional for a Second Opinion or Consultation
Before you make a firm decision about care or treatment for a reproductive health or gynecology-related condition, ease your mind with more information.
Get a second opinion or consultation from the women’s health experts at Pella Regional Health Center. You can rely on us for a comprehensive review of your specific situation and the additional guidance you need to help you feel comfortable about identifying and taking the next step on your journey toward reproductive system health.