What to Expect
Set yourself up for a successful surgery with tips, guidelines, and instructions on how to prepare at Pella Regional Health Center. Count on our care teams to help you have a safe recovery.
Preparing for Surgery
Your surgery preparation includes:
- Medication orders and recommendations
- Exams and appointments to review your health
- Self-care guidelines for optimal outcomes
- COVID-19 Testing
- Surgical patients who have been vaccinated over two weeks prior, and who need no intubation and have no aerosolized procedures planned, do not need to be tested.
Talk to your doctor about any questions or concerns you have before your surgery. Your Pella Regional surgery care team is here to ensure you’re comfortable and knowledgeable about next steps.
Day of Surgery
Find out what you and your loved ones can expect on the day of your surgery, including:
- Presurgical consultation
- Recovery process
- Transportation arrangements
- Waiting areas for your family
Knowing what to expect on the day of your procedure is important for planning.
Learn about the process after your surgery and discover how you and your loved ones can prepare to go home. Your care team will tell you about:
- Discharge instructions
- Doctor’s orders for self-care
- Initial recovery after surgery
- Follow-up care and appointments
Depending on your surgery plan and needs, you may stay overnight in a Pella Regional hospital room to fully recover. Your team will help you get all the postsurgical care you need.
Navigating Insurance Coverage
Don’t fret over the insurance maze. Pella’s team is here to help you prepare for the cost of your surgery. You can count on us to help you understand payment processes and avoid financial surprises.
You’ll work with our team that reviews your specific insurance situation and recommended procedure. Then, our staff estimates your actual cost and works with you to find the best method of payment.
If you have questions about your surgery coverage, contact our team today.