At Pella Regional Health Center, you’ll receive care from experienced surgeons and urologists here to support your health. Advanced procedures, including robot–assisted surgery, may be part of your personalized care plan.
Surgery at Pella Regional may be the best treatment option for urologic conditions including:
- Bladder conditions, such as incontinence (bladder control problems) and bladder cancer
- Male reproductive conditions, including infertility and erectile dysfunction
- Prostate conditions, including prostate cancer
- Kidney infections, such as hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidneys)
- Kidney stones
- Urinary system trauma
Make an appointment with your primary care doctor if you’re experiencing symptoms that could be related to a urologic condition such as:
- Chronic pain in the abdomen
- Difficulty going to the bathroom
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the genitals
- Painful urination
- Trouble getting pregnant
Depending on your condition and treatment history, your doctor may recommend surgery such as:
- Male infertility surgery – Includes biopsies, vasectomy reversal, and opening sperm ducts
- Nephrectomy – Removes part or all of the kidney
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy – Removes kidney stones
- Prostatectomy – Removes the prostate gland
- Pyeloplasty – Relieves blockages between the kidney and ureter, the tube that delivers urine
No matter your urologic health needs, you’ll get care from surgical experts focused on complete treatment and swift recovery.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Experience advanced treatment aimed at less pain and recovery time with da Vinci® robot-assisted surgery at Pella Regional. This surgery lowers the loss of blood and time in the hospital with smaller incisions so you get back to the activities you enjoy sooner.