da Vinci® Robotic-Assisted Surgery
When you consider general surgery or procedures for gynecologic or urologic conditions, your surgeon may recommend da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgery at Pella Regional Health Center. We were one of the first in central Iowa to offer this minimally invasive approach that means you benefit from less pain and scarring, smaller incisions, a shorter hospital stay and quicker return to the life you love.
da Vinci® Procedures at Pella Regional Health Center
Robotic-assisted techniques may be used for a wide range of general surgery procedures, including:
- Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy)
- Lower colon restrictions
- Nissen fundoplication treatment for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
At Pella Regional, your surgical options may include minimally invasive gynecologic procedures. Our skilled surgeons use da Vinci robotic-assisted techniques to:
- Remove the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Remove the ovaries (oophorectomy)
- Remove ovaries and fallopian tubes (salpingo-oophorectomy)
- Close fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy (tubal ligation)
- Remove fibroids while preserving the uterus (myomectomy)
- Correct pelvic prolapse (falling) of vagina, uterus, bladder, rectum (sacrocolpopexy)
When you need complex and delicate urologic surgery, the da Vinci robotic-assisted procedures at Pella Regional may be your best choice. These techniques allow for:
- Removal of part or complete kidney (partial/radical nephrectomy)
- Removal of prostate gland (radical prostatectomy)
- Relief for obstructions at the junction between kidney and ureter (pyeloplasty)
Is da Vinci Surgery Right for Me?
Ask your doctor whether you’re a candidate for da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery or any other surgical procedure. Together, you and your doctor will come to a decision that best fits your specific health need.
da Vinci® Xi™ Surgical System
Surgery at Pella Regional Health Center has recently installed the da Vinci Xi Surgical System. The system will continue to be offered across a variety of minimally invasive surgical procedures in the areas of gynecology, urology and general surgery. Patients benefit from less pain and scarring, smaller incisions, a shorter hospital stay and quicker return to previous activity levels.
The newer system expands upon core features including wristed instruments, 3D-HD visualization, intuitive motion and an ergonomic design. The surgeon is 100% in control of the robotic-assisted da Vinci System, which translates hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body.
Key features include:
- Overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- Endoscope digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- Ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with joints that offer a greater range of motion.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.
Find Out More About Surgery at Pella Regional
Get more information about surgical procedures at Pella Regional Health Center. Give us a call today.
- Pella Regional Gynecology: 641-620-2144
- Surgical Associates for Urology: 866-613-4323
- Surgical Partners for General Surgery: 641-628-6772