Regain body strength and movement after an illness or injury at Pella Regional Health Center in central and southeast Iowa.
What’s Physical Therapy?
Find help to decrease pain, improve movement, and return to daily activities with physical therapy. Your physical therapist will teach you exercises to help you regain strength and a full range of motion.
Care Where You Need It
Get the care that fits your needs from a physical therapist at Pella Regional. Depend on our services for:
- Inpatient care during your hospital stay
- Outpatient care that you can receive at an office while still living in your home
- Home health care, which means you receive physical therapy in your home
- Hospice care, which provides care for physical need to make you or your loved one as comfortable as possible
Types of Physical Therapy We Offer
Find a variety of physical therapy options to fit your needs and goals. At Pella Regional, your care may include:
Treatments & Services
Your physical therapist will work with you to decide what treatment options are best for you. Your plan may include:
- Balance exercises and therapies
- Dry needling
- Foot drop system
- Home assessments
- Safe driving skills assessments
- Vertigo treatments
- Wheelchair and power scooter evaluations
Electrical therapy uses mild electrical pulses to treat muscle spasms and pain. This therapy works by stimulating the nerves in your muscles to promote healing, strength and better movement. Rely on your knowledgeable therapist to decide if electric therapy is right for you.
Foot Drop Treatment
Walk more naturally with increased speed and improved balance through our foot drop treatment. You’ll receive low-level electrical stimulation to activate the nerves and muscles that lift your foot. The foot drop system at Pella Regional may help you recover faster and:
- Improve your gait
- Retrain your muscles
- Prevent muscle loss
- Maintain or increase your joint range of motion
- Increase blood flow to your foot
Your First Appointment
Rely on your physical therapist to evaluate your health history and current condition and abilities. Your therapist will create a personalized treatment plan based on your preferences and goals for rehabilitation. Your therapy sessions will follow your care plan and work toward your goals.