Pella Regional Health Center’s Specialty Pharmacy is proud have earned URAC accreditation. Pella Regional's Specialty Pharmacy is the first Critical Access Hospital owned pharmacy to have achieved this accreditation.
URAC accreditation is a symbol of excellence for organizations to display their validated commitment to quality and accountability.
The Specialty Pharmacy team at Pella Regional Health Center strives to give the best care and service to each and every one of our patients. Specialty medications are expensive drugs used to treat complex, chronic conditions. They often require special handling and/or administration, and may not be available at a local pharmacy.
Sometimes these medications require special teaching and monitoring by a trained pharmacist. We focus on providing these medications while offering the knowledge, support, service and care needed to get the most out of your specialty drug therapy. Services include:
• Support from specialty-trained pharmacists by phone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays.
• Individualized medication program tailored to your specific condition.
• Expertise to help you save time and money on your specialty medications.
• Educational materials to help you better understand and manage your condition.
• Monthly refill reminders and coordinated delivery of your monthly refills.
Specialty Pharmacy Team
The Specialty Pharmacy team works for you as a friendly, knowledgeable resource to help you save time and money on your specialty medications. We provide personalized services to:
• Collaborate with your health care team to make sure your specialty medications are safe and effective.
• Teach you to take your medicine correctly, both how much and how often.
• Train you to properly use injectable medications and devices.
• Help you prepare for and manage possible side effects and drug interactions.
• Help you prevent missed doses.
• Explain how your medication is monitored and what the results mean.
• Provide resources to help you get the most from your medication regimen.
Click here to access the Specialty Pharmacy Welcome Brochure. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 641–621–2619.