View Pella Regional’s Notice of Privacy Practices/HIPAA.
Pella Regional Health Center supports and recognizes our patients' right to expect that their medical records and other information about their care will be kept confidential. We have implemented policies and procedures to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Regulations. The HIPAA privacy regulations give patients more control over their health information and also set boundaries on the use and release of patient information.
Pella Regional Health Center is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website (www.pellahealth.org). Information gathered on our website is used to monitor our effectiveness in providing relevant and credible health information, in answering questions, and in improving our website. As a not-for-profit, Christian health care delivery system, Pella Regional is committed to making certain that our website is used as a resource to fulfill our mission of providing health care and healing services with Christian compassion.
Our website, www.pellahealth.org, is managed by Pella Regional Health Center’s Public Relations Office. Our postal address is: Pella Regional Health Center, 404 Jefferson St., Pella, IA 50219. Our e-mail is email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
This site recognizes and collects, when possible, the domain name of a visitor's server (for example, pellahealth.org or aol.com). We do not automatically collect the full e-mail address of visitors to our website. The only way we obtain your name or e-mail address is when you choose to provide that information to us. Examples of how you might provide us with such personal information include:
- Completing a survey or feedback form;
- E-mailing us with a comment or question;
- Subscribing to our e-mail notification service;
- Establishing a personalized homepage via our website.
How do we use the information we collect?
- Pella Regional Health Center does not sell, trade or rent personal information about its website visitors.
- The information we collect about the domain name of the server from which you are visiting is aggregated and used solely to determine the number of visitors to our site each day, and sources of traffic.
- E-mail addresses provided by visitors are used to respond to comments submitted through our feedback and surveys forms, when indicated. E-mail addresses provided when the “YES! I would like to receive email communications from Pella Regional” box is checked may be used to send promotional communications. Information provided by visitors who choose to establish a personal homepage is used to furnish that page with the data requested by the visitor and to send information requested by the visitor.
- If a website visitor asks us to send material that cannot be transmitted electronically, we will need to know the visitor's name, e-mail address and mailing address. We will use that information only to fulfill the visitor's request.
- Website visitors who complete a website survey and indicate a willingness to participate in future surveys are asked to provide their name, e-mail address and telephone number.
How can I get my name removed from your files?
If you do not want to receive e-mail from Pella Regional Health Center, please let us know by sending an e-mail notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you write, it is imperative that you provide the following information so that we can be sure to honor your request:
- Your full name
- Your active e-mail address (If you use more than one e-mail address, send a message to us from each of your e-mail accounts.)
- A sentence asking that your e-mail address be removed from our files.
We will process your request as quickly as possible.
You may browse many areas of our website, including our home page, without disclosing any personal information about yourself. Within these areas we only collect and store the information that is automatically recognized by the webserver, such as your IP address and files you request from the server.
We collect the personal data that you volunteer on registration, survey, or other forms, or by email. Additionally, some areas of our website might be available only to certain persons and will require a login and password to access these areas. In order to be granted a login and password you may be asked some demographic information about yourself.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. In specific forms where we may ask for information about children we take steps to protect the privacy of those children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has entered or authorized the collection of the child's personal information.
As described above, we sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to our site to help us provide better customer service. For example, we measure visitor activity on our website, but we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. We use the information that we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different areas of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. This includes analyzing these logs periodically to measure the traffic through our servers, the number of pages visited and the level of demand for pages and topics of interests. The logs may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the data on our servers.
Cookies and Other Technologies
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of the information discussed above by Pella Regional Health Center. Changes in this policy will be posted on this page so that you may always be aware of what information is being collected, how it is being used, and under what circumstances it is being disclosed.
Pella Regional Health Center is committed to its mission of providing health care and healing services with Christian compassion. We will live up to the privacy standards outlined in this policy because we are obligated to act in good faith, to fulfill the organization's mission of service and to act in accordance with our core values of compassion, reverence for life, integrity, stewardship, teamwork and excellence. Meeting these obligations compels us to to act in the public's best interests and to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all information provided to us, as outlined in this policy.
Tell us what you think
Pella Regional Health Center welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send your comments via e-mail comments to our Public Relations Office at email@example.com.