Family and friends are welcome to visit patients hospitalized at Pella Regional as they can be an important and supportive part of the healing process for many patients.
There may be times when it’s better for a patient to not have visitors. They may want to rest, or may need privacy for a procedure. Please understand that the needs of our patients come first and foremost. From time to time, a member of our nursing staff may ask visitors to leave for a brief time so that we can attend to the patient’s needs.
Family and friends are able to visit on the Medical/Surgical Unit from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm and in the Family Birthing Center from 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. We ask that people with symptoms of an illness not visit the hospital for the protection of our patients and staff.
If you need to find a place to stay in Pella, visit the Pella Chamber of Commerce website for information about local accommodations.
In general, spouses, support person or children may visit at any time. For safety reasons, visitors must be buzzed in by a staff member. Press the intercom button on the left wall by the nursery viewing window to alert staff that you are here to visit.
At the request of our physicians, children less than 12 years old and not a sibling of the baby are not allowed into obstetrics, but are invited to view the baby through the nursery viewing window.
Please use the following guidelines when visiting a patient at Pella Regional:
• Patients and visitors over age two must wear a mask or face covering at all times unless directed by a health care provider.
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering and when leaving the patient's room.
• Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your upper arm.
• Do not visit if you are sick.
• Avoid touching anything used to care for the patient.
• Read and follow any instructions posted outside the room.
• Eliminate germs when the patient goes home by using disinfectants, such as sprays and wipes, to clean surfaces often.
Protect Patients from Infection
To protect our patients from infection, please delay visiting your loved one if you have any of the following symptoms within the last three days:
- Headache and muscle aches (flu-like symptoms)
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose (not due to allergy)
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Open, draining sores or mouth ulcers
Remember that patients are usually weak and more susceptible to infection. It is always best to stay home if you're not feeling well. However, if you are unable to postpone your visit, talk to the patient's nurse before entering the room and explain your situation. Protective equipment, such as a mask or gloves, may be required.
The cafeteria is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm with hot meals served during the following times:
Breakfast: 6:30 – 9:30 am
Lunch: 10:45 am – 1:30 pm
The Room Service dining program lets patients and visitors order a freshly prepared meal. The hours for room service are 7-9 am for breakfast, 11 am-1 pm for lunch, and 4:30-6:30 pm for dinner.
Pella Regional is a tobacco-free organization. This means the use of tobacco products is prohibited on all properties that are owned and maintained by Pella Regional; including clinics and Hospice of Pella.
This policy protects employees, patients, visitors and residents from exposure to tobacco and second-hand smoke.