Explore career paths in healthcare through student shadowing opportunities at Pella Regional Health Center in Pella, Iowa. If you’re a student curious about providing exceptional healthcare to members of your community, our program is a perfect fit.
You’ll observe professionals in specialties such as:
- Imaging and radiology
- Laboratory services
- Rehabilitation and therapy
You can also explore nonclinical job shadowing and volunteer opportunities, giving you additional experience with serving our patients and visitors.
To take part in Pella Regional’s student shadowing program, you must:
- Be a college student associated with an educational health program
- Have department manager approval
- Pass a criminal background check (if observing patient care areas)
As a part of the Pella Regional healthcare community, student shadowing participants must have immunizations for:
- Hepatitis B
- Mumps rubella
- Influenza (during flu season)
You’ll also need a tuberculosis screening, or a negative screening within the last 12 months.
Benefits of Job Shadowing
Whether you’re new to job shadowing, or new to healthcare, job shadowing at Pella Regional is a great opportunity to observe community-based care. You’ll get a chance to:
- Ask questions about career paths and experiences you’ve always wanted to learn more about
- Gain insight into the working life of a profession or role
- Learn new perspectives in healthcare careers and caregiving roles
- Reflect on possible career paths you’ve always wanted to explore
Walk away informed on the day-to-day experiences, struggles, celebrations, and needs of healthcare roles in today’s world