Spiritual Services at Pella Regional
PELLA, Iowa— Spiritual Services at Pella Regional Health Center provides chaplains to support patients, families and staff with spiritual and religious concerns. Spiritual support plays a key role in the healing process as it provides encouragement, hope and meaning to patients and family members through difficult times. Pella Regional offers spiritual support that is respectful of each individual’s spirituality, religious beliefs privacy and dignity.
Pella Regional offers many spiritual services that reflect the diversity of our patients and families. Spiritual care is highly personalized to meet each individual’s needs and desires. “Our goal is to bring spiritual care to patients and staff,” said Mike Jaarsma, Chaplain at Pella Regional. “We want to provide care that supports our mission of providing healthcare and healing services with Christian compassion.”
- Individualized assessment of spiritual needs and resources to meet those needs.
- Music therapy.
- Support, counseling, prayer or intervention in times of crisis.
- Sacramental ministry including Anointing of the Sick, Confession, Blessings and Baptisms and Holy Communion in the patient's room.
- Notification, upon request of patient, or family member to patient's pastor or congregation when an individual is admitted.
- Consultation regarding ethical decisions.
- Chapel and memorial services.
- Group support for patients and families.
- Community education and outreach for spiritual care issues.
- Support, training and education for hospital staff.
- Provide education and assistance in completing advance directive forms.
- Bereavement support.
- Easter and Christmas services for staff.
Chaplains are available on-site during business hours and on-call. Pella Regional’s chaplains minister to people of any faith, spiritual expression and those needing spiritual and emotional support. They can also arrange visits from a patient’s clergy or spiritual leader.