Pella Regional Receives Level III Trauma Certification
PELLA, Iowa— The Emergency Department at Pella Regional Health Center has been re-verified as a Level III Trauma Center by the Iowa Department of Public Health based on the results of a recent on-site survey. There are 19 Level III Trauma Centers in Iowa.
The Emergency Department has demonstrated the following to qualify:
- Commitment to state trauma system and EMS activities.
- Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Nurse Coordinator to coordinate the program.
- Trauma surgeon availability 24/7.
- Orthopedic surgeon availability.
- Continuing education to the community and surrounding EMS programs.
- Emergency physicians certified in advanced trauma for all ages.
- Emergency nurses certified in trauma.
- Certification of emergency nurses.
“We strive to provide competent and compassionate care to all of our ill or injured patients,” said Gina Jones, Director of Emergency at Pella Regional Health Center. “Our entire team is always prepared for whatever may come through our doors so we can provide the best care possible, as fast as possible.”