A joint statement from Pella Regional Health Center and Knoxville Hospital & Clinics
HOSPITALS URGE COMMUNITY AND BUSINESSES TO JOIN EFFORTS TO REMAIN VIGILANT AS COVID-19 CASES INCREASE
Marion County, Iowa – As COVID-19 cases continue to surge in Marion County and around the state, Pella Regional Health Center and Knoxville Hospital & Clinics urge community members and businesses to join our efforts and do your part to flatten the curve and prevent the spread of the disease.
We are remaining vigilant to protect our community during these unprecedented times by maintaining our capacity to treat patients, ensuring that we have adequate supplies of PPE, purchasing more critical care equipment, and maintaining the safety of our facilities.
We urge everyone to do all that they can to help manage the health and safety of our community and your family, friends, and co-workers during this pandemic. According to the CDC guidelines, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure to this virus.
- Wear a mask around others. If you are in a business, at a meeting, with a community organization or at a large gathering, we strongly recommend that you wear a mask.
- Social distance. Keep 6 feet between you and others.
- Limit your groups to less than 10 people. If your group is larger than 10 people, require that all parties wear a mask, including gatherings like weddings and funerals. Consider the safety and well-being of friends and family as you plan how you will celebrate during the upcoming holiday season.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer when you are unable to wash your hands.
- Stay home if you do not feel well.
- Get your flu shot to help maintain your overall health during flu season.
If masking can prevent the spread of the virus to even one person, and potentially save a life, then you have made a tremendous contribution to the wellbeing of your friends and neighbors.
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics is a non-profit community hospital serving Marion County and the surrounding area. Named a “Top 100 Critical Access Hospital” and voted as Best of Red Rock Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “Best Hospitality”, KHC’s highly skilled medical staff and specialists provide personal, compassionate and innovative quality health care to patients. For more information regarding this release and other happenings at Knoxville Hospital & Clinics, call Public Relations at (641) 842-1485.
Pella Regional Health Center is a not-for-profit provider of healthcare that is accredited by The Joint Commission. It is recognized by Wellmark Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® as a Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care and Knee and Hip designations. The health center was recently awarded the Clean Facility Certificate from the Association for the Health Care Environment (AHE) for its commitment to infection prevention strategies and preparedness for biological events. Pella Regional Health Center’s mission is to provide healthcare and healing services with Christian compassion. Information on Pella Regional Health Center and its clinics is available by calling Public Relations at 641-621-2362 or visiting the website, PellaHealth.org.