General Surgeon Joins Pella Regional’s Medical Staff
6.26.20 PELLA, Iowa – Pella Regional Health Center is pleased to welcome Board Certified General Surgeon, J.D. Welander, MD, FACS, to the medical staff beginning June 29.
Dr. Welander earned his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine and completed his residency at Iowa Methodist Hospital in Des Moines. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He was most recently a partner in a physician multi-specialty group in Sioux City.
Dr. Welander will join Dr. Matt Morgan and Christina Kelley, PA-C, in the Surgical Partners Clinic at Pella Regional located at 405 Monroe St. and Pella Regional’s Medical Clinic in Ottumwa located at 920 N Quincy Ave.
Pella Regional’s surgeons hold extensive experience in a wide range of procedures, including:
- Advanced robotic-assisted surgery
- Breast surgery for non-cosmetic conditions, including lumpectomy or mastectomy
- Colonoscopy – Examination of the lower gastrointestinal tract
- Colon resections – Open surgery or robotic-assisted procedures
- Cesarean Birth – Surgical delivery of a baby
- Gallbladder removal
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic, including robotic-assisted procedures
- First in Iowa to perform single-site robotic-assisted gallbladder removal using one small incision near the belly button
- Heartburn – Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)—robotic-assisted surgery to include anti-reflux surgery
- Hernia repair – Open surgery, minimally invasive or robotic-assisted
- Trauma care and acute abdominal conditions
- Gastroscopy – Examination of the upper gastrointestinal tract
- Sterilization procedures – Fallopian tube removal and vasectomy
Please call Dr. Welander’s office at 641-628-6772 to schedule a consultation.