Community Engagement Project for Pella
PELLA, Iowa— Pella Regional Health Center recently participated in a community engagement project to develop a plan for community health improvement efforts for the next three years. This project included a community health needs assessment, secondary data analysis of health information and a town hall meeting. The project also includes a health implementation plan to help guide the Pella Regional and area organizations in health improvement efforts.
Key findings from the assessment include:
- Strong local facilities for health care
- Improved senior care
- Pella Regional offers excellent emergency care
- Dedication of doctors
- Quality ambulance services
Opportunities to make community health changes and improvements were also noted and expanded in the health implementation plan. Key areas for examination include:
- Lack of qualified health care workers seeking employment
- Mental health access, diagnosis and placement
- Community health education
The complete report is available online at www.pellahealth.org/communityhealth.