End of life at Hospice of Pella at Pella Regional is focused on specialized symptom management and providing for emotional and spiritual needs that arise during the dying process. We emphasize quality of life for our patients and their families, whether it is in the patient’s own home or at the Comfort House.
Hospice care is a compassionate method of caring for terminally ill people that:
- Addresses not just physical problems but also psychological and spiritual needs.
- Helps family members during the end of life process and after death.
- Provides holistic comprehensive comfort care when there is no cure, emphasizing pain and symptom control.
- Enables a person to live the last weeks and months of life as fully and comfortably as possible, with dignity, at home or in a home-like setting.
- Accepts death as a natural part of life, seeking neither to hasten or prolong the dying process.
- Provides emotional support by encouraging open communication, life review, death preparation and meeting spiritual needs.