Medical records are maintained by Health Information Management (HIM). HIM is available from 7:30 am - 4 pm, Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am to 3 pm Friday, excluding holidays. The HIM Department is located on the lower level of the hospital near the Specialty Clinic.
To obtain a copy of your medical records:
- Download and complete the Authorization for Release of Health Information, clearly stating the dates of service, the specific type of record(s) desired and all other information indicated on the form.
- This form may also be obtained in HIM or you may request the form to be mailed or faxed to you.
- Mail, fax or drop off your completed form to HIM (address/fax number below).
- Because forms must contain original signature, e-mailed forms will not be accepted.
- Please allow up to 30 days for requests to be processed. The average processing time is 14 business days.
- Incomplete requests cannot be processed and will be returned for completion.
- If you wish to have your records mailed to your physician prior to an appointment date, please indicate the appointment date on the request.
- If you are picking up a copy of your record, a photo ID will be required. Please note that only the patient/requestor may pick up a copy of the record unless stated in the authorization.
- The authorization must be signed by the patient or the patient’s legal representative. Legal guardian or person with durable power of attorney documentation required.
HIM reserves the right to contact the patient/requestor to validate the authorization before releasing the records.
To share information concerning medical care and diagnoses with another person, patients must fill out an authorization for consultation form. This does not give authorization for release of records.
To consent to medical and/or surgical treatment deemed medically necessary or advisable for a child in the parent's absence, an authorization for medical treatment of a minor form must be filled out.